Sunday, February 6, 2011

HEALTHY YOU


World Health Organization (WHO) defines health as a state of complete physical, mental, and social wellbeing and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
Your health is your very first wealth. Without our health we won’t be able to enjoy our wealth which is why we need to take our own health seriously.
Some days ago as part of my Mount Kilimanjaro expedition requirements-spent two hours at the gym giving half of it to tests conducted by my International Olympics committee (IOC) certified sports physician: Dr. Dayo Osholowu, that turned out right ending with a handshake as he certified me fit for the expedition up Kilimanjaro.
One of the questions he asked me as I exercised on the treadmill prior to the tests. He said: “Joshua, how are you getting yourself mentally prepared for the expedition?” Excitedly I responded Doc. Every day I start the exercise, my mind journeys as if am at the base of Mount Kilimanjaro’s rain forest, through Mweka gate geared up in my mountain gear.
I guess my fitness physician asked that question with the World Health Organization’s definition in mind. My mental wellness and hike up in my mind is important towards successfully summiting Africa’s highest mountain.
No one, expedition is complete without a healthy you-complete physical, mental and social wellbeing which are as important as the absence of disease or infirmity.
It was John F.Kennedy that asserted: physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body; it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. You undoubtedly can create, experience and also advance in life especially when your wellness is in motion never static, continuously creating room for your rise.
Enjoy your February; your health should benefit from you more attention this week, month and also this year twenty elevation. Ensure you make room for your wellbeing; towards a healthy you. Your vitality and daily energy can only come through having a healthier you: physically, mentally and socially.
You

No comments:

Post a Comment