Monday, January 31, 2011

PEBBLES ON MY PATHWAY!


Pebbles are small stones, especially one smooth by erosion.
Every day, week, month and year; as we travel in life we walk into or over rock like pebbles. Someone puts it in these words: “Nobody trips over mountains; it is the small pebbles that make you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.”
Let me share with you an experience I had recently after leaving a dinner my Mount Kilimanjaro expedition supplement partner “Golden Neo-Life Diamite (GNLD)” had invited me to as a special guest of the Vice-President, Africa; Mr. Johan Fourie where I met the Chief Executive Officer of GNLD International; Royer Uys.
Under normal circumstances I won’t take any invite eating into my evening due to the expedition exercise regimen I have been following over the last 3months, so in a bid to honor the event invite I attended and departed immediately afterwards so as to take the exercise schedule for the day.
Upon arrival at the gym that night to my amazement the doors were closed. It then occurred to me as I was walking towards the lifts the instructor and gym may be closed but the staircases are never closed. Immediately I went to change to my exercise gear and started from the ground floor to the topmost floor as it has eight floors. Step by step; slowly I successfully went back and forth five times.
That evening a valuable lesson, experience and the moral of the story was learnt. In life, been pro-active enables us to succeed. Simply by responding to our situation as against reacting, like some would do opened my mind making me see some place within the same building. Guess what? The expedition exercise regimen included climbing up and down staircases which I had never really done for long as I did and also invested good time that day.
I sweated it out on the staircases. Sweat truly is the cologne of accomplishments and small stones or pebbles on our pathway shouldn’t stop us on the pathway

No comments:

Post a Comment